Proximity sensors which are designed to detect the current state of the occupation of the parking stalls whether single, large or multiple parking areas in both private as well as public parks, are known as parking spot sensors. These parking spot sensors are wireless in nature and detect the occurrence of the vehicles on the stall and then convey this information to the collection of data as well as the transmission control unit.
The parking spot sensor is a system that believes in saving energy. All of the informing about the availability of the parking spaces helps in reducing the amount of pollution caused in addition to helping with the urban traffic in a green and smart way.
The parking space sensor has a variety of features to its name. But the most important of them to start with would be how it almost eliminates the civil works and costs the least.
Ease of Installation
The installation process is very easy since the parking space sensor is wireless.
The build of the device is made in such a way that it cannot fall victim to the vandalism as well as cases of accidental damage too quickly. The build and the quality are both durable.
Since the power consumption is a low-circuit design and runs solely on the battery power the battery life is more than up to eight years in the case of normal use. Long-life batteries are taken into a here for the low maintenance.
Benefits of using the Parking Space Sensor
- There is no requirement for driving while looking out for an available parking space.
- The emissions from the vehicles are brought down on a large scale.
- There is high efficiency for parking.
- There are zero chances for any type of vandalism to take place.
- The requirement of the staff is minimum if it's used by parkers that are known.
- The patrons can wait for their respective cars in an environment that is highly controlled.
- Simple and ticketless facilities are presented to the people, on systems that are a barrier-free payment.
- Full information is provided on each of the parking spaces.
- The most possible use is made of the available space.
- The traffic flow is also improved in the process.
- Future planning has been made profitable through the use of comprehensive information.
- Parking sensors that are ultrasonic in nature make use of the sound echoes for calculating as well as identifying the distance between the car & the other objects. These ultrasonic sensors are situated on the car's bumper for ensuring that the sound waves can travel without any interruption. The beeping alarm increases in its frequency to alert the concerned driver when the car inches near an obstacle.
- Similarly, parking sensor systems of the electromagnetic kind do the job of setting up electromagnetic fields throughout the car's bumper. When any obstacle is identified near the field, then the driver is alerted about the case.